Thursday, November 13, 2014

I'll Be SKYPING Home For Christmas!

I don't have much to say this week, because our schedule is the same every single week. However, Mom wanted me to write one so I am. On Monday night when we went to go grocery shopping we stopped at a crosswalk. Only to notice that the elders were on the other street corners. And we all ended up going to the same grocery market to buy food. Made us laugh because it was random We hardly see the other missionaries unless it's a planned thing. Then on Tuesday we met with the less active YSA again because she had a interview that night for a job but it was a English interview so she wanted to practice with me. At least that was the plan, she is really good at English so we ended up just reading the Book of Mormon together. (Her suggestion too) I then ended up going through the whole history of the Book of Mormon because she wanted to know who was who because she didn't remember from when she was little. It was cool. Of coarse when I did that it was all in English, but I never realized how much I actually know about the history of the Book of Mormon. I even told her about this paper that I have about the Aztec and the Incas who have stories PRETTY DARN SIMILAR to the Book of Mormon. I got it from institute. Anyways, it's all from a book called Ancient Americas and the Book of Mormon I think...?? Can't remember.But she majored in History so she was loving it and was so interested. So I'm planning on giving her a copy of the paper that I have.
We have one investigator who is progressing write now. But she is super interested in learning about the second coming and it's deep so it's going to be a challenge helping her. But we'll try our best. This past Friday we taught her about the purpose of the Book of Mormon and used scriptures a lot to help her understand and see how the Bible and The Book of Mormon work together as witnesses of Jesus Christ. She said she's willing to read it and find out the truth, but at the same time all she wanted to read was about the second coming and millennium. So, I'll keep you updated about her.
As for our other "lessons" we don't really call them our investigators. They are just 30/30 program for English. Not interested but we still of coarse are trying our best to find ways that the gospel can help their needs.
Lately my companion has had some rough times and she just doesn't want to talk to me, but I'm working through it. Trying to serve her as best as possible. We still get along, but I think the 3 transfers of being together is finally affecting us. I'm positive we won't be companions after this transfers over.
Speaking of transfers.. we have about 2 weeks left! I can't believe it's almost Thanksgiving so crazy! It'll be my 9 month mark too! Wowzers! Time is flying. Also some awesome news: when we met with the Less active young single adult girl she said I can use her computer on Christmas and then when we visited another member she said I can use theirs too! So happy!!! Can't wait till Christmas!! And little Tucker comes too<3
 Anyways, Love you all! Have a great week!!
Love,
Sister Kelly






No comments:

Post a Comment