Thursday, December 26, 2013

Annyeong haseyo! 안녕하세요

Hello is about all I've really learned to say in Korean so far. I'm still trying to learn the vowels and consonants so I can read Korean. I haven't blogged in a while so I'm just gonna update on a few things.

Christmas was a great day with my family! We all stayed up till midnight on Christmas Eve to open presents. My brother and I unfortunately had to work so that's why we did that. It was still good though. I mainly got stuff for my mission. No surprise there haha. I'm not sad though, I'm glad to just have spent time with everyone I care about and see them all happy. It's crazy to think that next year I'll be spending Christmas in South Korea! So crazy!! I'm sad but still very very excited. I'm just glad I'll be able to talk to my family on that day.

Today I got my very last shot for my mission. Typhoid. What fun! I don't feel very good at all. I even called out sick from work. If you know me at all, you know I hate needles. They scare me so much. So, I am so relieved to have finished with all my shots. Thank goodness! I know all this is temporary though and I'll be better soon. Plus, it will all be worth it because of serving a mission.

This past week I also tried to submit my application for a passport but my picture wasn't acceptable, and I didn't have the right birth certificate that they want now, so that means delays.. sad day.
So, today my mom and I ordered my birth certificate and that'll take hopefully just a week to come. Then I'll have to go to Sam's Club to get my passport picture taken. Might as well go there this time to make sure the picture is to acceptable standards. I'm just crossing my fingers I can get my passport fast so I can submit my visa application soon after. Cross your fingers for me guys ;) haha

Also the new year is coming soon, meaning my mission is growing closer and closer. As of today I have 62 days, basically two months till my mission. It's coming so quick! I want it to go slower.. :(
Oh well, I'll make the best of the time I have. Happy holidays everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment